Saturday, April 25, 2009

Beauty Tip

Ok, it's here everyone! My first beauty tip. Before I tell you what it is though I need to disclose something. I think that I am a fairly funny person at times. The problem with people like me who think they are funny, is that they are usually not as funny as they think. That being said, some of you that know me really well will laugh right along with me because you know my quirky side. The rest of you probably won't think it's very funny and proceed to wonder why in the heck you are reading my blog in the first place. Please bear with me as I invite everyone to get to know me a little better so that at some point in the future (hopefully not tooooo far in the future), you'll be laughing too. So anyway, here's my tip. It's a good one, but then again, I think they're all good, or else I wouldn't be sharing them in the first place.

Wash your face every night before you go to bed. You wouldn't believe how many people never wash their face at night or remove their makeup. Or there are some that think a little splash of water does the trick. Not washing your face at night is wreaking havoc on your skin. You may as well go make your own concoction of dirt, oil and air pollutants and put that on your skin, cuz' there's not really a difference.

We all know what happens to an apple if you cut it and then leave it out on the counter for a little while right? It turns brown. This happens in part because of the free radicals and pollutants in the air that we can's see that are flying around at a bazillion miles an hour. And ladies, I don't care that the lady on the TV infomercial says that sleeping in your mineral makeup is okay and even good for your skin. I would just like to go up to her and say, "Oh really! And I suppose that the minerals are still good for you to sleep in after they've been on your face all day and mixed with the dirt, air pollutants, free radicals and the oil on your face." I would love to know the answer to that.

Here's a tip within a tip. A great way to help fight skin damage from free radicals and pollutants is to: use an SPF specially formulated for your face every day and use some sort of anti-oxidant treatment OR rejuvenating treatment.

There are absolutely no excuses to not washing your face at night. None! Okay there might few.......... like you had to tivo Grey's Anatomy and you just had to stay up extra, extra late to watch it, so now you're just too tired.

So I came up with a little dittie to the tune of Row, Row, Row Your Boat, so that you can remember to wash your face at night:

Wash, wash, wash your face
Every single night
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
Skin so clean and bright!

So now you know!

4 comments:

I Am Boymom said...

Okay, OKAY! I will wash my dang face every night! Actually, There have been times in my life where I was diligent about skin care and washing at night made a difference. Then I had kids. I'll get back on it, cause Rachael promises it will make a difference.

The Parks Family said...

What sunscreen do you recommend??

I Am Boymom said...

Just want you to know I did my whole face washing regimen last night.

Rachael said...

Thanks I Am Boymom, it's good to know at least one person is taking my advice! :)